4/06/2011

Tempestuous (Wondrous Strange #3)



Tempestuous by Lesley Livingston
★★★★☆
Publisher: Harper Teen
Genre: YA Fantasy


As far as the Wondrous Strange series goes I was kind of disappointed with this ending. I feel like Livingston let me down. The build up to this book was left to merely fizzle out on it's own. It was still a good book, and had some resolution but I wanted so much more from a series this great the ending should have gone out with a bang. Lesley Livingston is a great writer. 


Kelley Winslow, powerful fairy princess, let sonny flannery, gorgeous Janus guard, know she doesn't love him. Heart broken he wanders around NY looking for answers to what caused this rift between them because he honestly can't remember. He befriends some lost fae and finds out his "friends" in the janus guard may be up to no good.


This book seriously reminded me of New Moon in that "I'm going to break your heart because its good for you" kind of way. The only difference it is has much better writing :)

Bob, probably my favorite character, shows up again and so does everyone from the first two books. There's not much more I can talk about without ruining the ending.

It really is a fantastic series, wonderfully written and fun. One to definitely check out, read all 3, in order


Some other excellent fairy stories to check out are: Lament by Maggie Stiefvater (author of the Wolves of Mercy Falls books: Shiver and Linger, also good stories), Spell Hunter by R.J. Anderson, and Glimmerglass by Jenna Black.

1 comment:

  1. saw your post on Book Blogs so I'm following you (cluedn). Feel free to come to my blog: http://tammybookparlor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete