6/16/2011

Legacy

Sad to say I'm putting Cayla Kluver's book Legacy on the back burner. I don't want to label it as a DNF (did not finish) but I just cannot get into it right now. All I do as I read it is count how much closer I am to the end. So, I am putting it off for now, hopefully I can come back to it at a later date.

While Kluver's writing is great, the story (at 32% into it) feels like it's not getting anywhere. I'm bored to be blunt and I'm throwing in the towel for now. It's all descriptive paragraphs that seem never ending. It's taken me as long to get this far into it as it normally takes me to finish a book (sometimes two depending on how much I like it).

I don't want to be negative, but I want to be honest and I am honestly not enjoying this book as much as I wanted to. It has potential and only being 30% in I should probably read more, I may end up loving it when I have a chance to finish it but with the dozens of other books I have waiting for my attention I'm just putting it off.

This edition of the book comes out June 28th from HarlequinTeen, find out for yourself if it's more your cup of tea.

Some reviews from other bloggers:
What's Your Story Book Reviews
La Femme Readers
Down the Rabbit Hole

0 comments:

Post a Comment