Hosted by The Perpetual Page-Turner
2011 has been a terrific book year! In 2011 I began book blogging and have met some of the loveliest bloggers and authors out there! I have opened my mind to new books and fell back in love with old favorites.
1. Best Book You Read In 2011? What a way to start a survey, while it's difficult to pick just one I would say the best book I've read this year is Divergent by Veronica Roth
2. Most Disappointing Book/Book You Wish You Loved More Than You Did? Supernaturally by Kiersten White
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2011? Eternal Eden by Nicole Williams blew me away! I was very surprised with how much this book and series effected me.
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2011? That's easy, Divergent by Veronica Roth.
5. Best series you discovered in 2011? The Brenna Blixen Series by Liz Reinhardt and Between the Lines Series by Tammara Webber
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2011? So so so many! Liz Reinhardt, Veronica Roth, Veronica Rossi, Tammara Webber, Nicole Williams, Josephine Angelini, Lauren Oliver, Jennifer Echols, Stephanie Perkins
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you? As part of a blog tour I read Cicada by Belle Whittington. While I read a lot of paranormal and science fiction books, aliens aren't really a subject I look for but I loved this book!
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2011? Divergent by Veronica Roth, I'm seeing a Divergent pattern here.
9. Book you most anticipated in 2011? Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder, I LOVE HER! And, this series(like her others) is fan-freaking-tastic!
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2011? The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. I think it's captivating.
11. Most memorable character in 2011? I'm so awful at remembering characters names. I can remember plots and settings but a lot of the time the names leave me. When I can recall a characters name I know they will stay with me, and my most memorable character this year are Day and June of Legend by Marie Lu.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2011? I can't explain why, but Delirium by Lauren Oliver. It's just such a beautiful and broken book, I loved it.
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2011? Forever by Maggie Stiefvater was the most emotional book I've ever read. I can't believe the Wolves of Mercy Falls books are finished, it doesn't seem like the end.
14. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2011 to finally read? Looking for Alaska by John Green. I adore his books and I'm not sure why I put this one off for so long, I think it sat on my bookshelf for 2 years, it was fantastic!
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2011? "We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."Veronica Roth, Divergent
16. Book That You Read In 2011 That Would Be Most Likely To Reread In 2012? I have a few books I will reread in 2012. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi, Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, and Delirium by Lauren Oliver
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers! The end of Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
1. One Book You Didn't Get To In 2011 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2012? The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2012? Isn't that obvious? Insurgent by Veronica Roth and Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2012? In reading I hope to read 100 books in 2012 and complete all of my challenges. In blogging I hope to continue posting multiple times per week and host more giveaways.