Hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish
Top ten books I had strong emotions over
that made me laugh, cry, and at times throw things.
1. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler- The book for anyone who has ever been 16 and all of the tears we endure all over again.
2. Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder- Maria V. Snyder manages to create characters that are phenomenal. I felt for everyone of them. I felt their pain, misery, and happiness. All of her books have touched my heart but this one especially.
3. Enclave by Ann Aguirre- I remember wanting to throw my pillow across the room while reading this one. I was seriously screaming into the pillow in frustration.
4. The Last Summer (of You and Me) by Ann Brashares- It's a heart wrenching and hopeful book that had me both crying hysterically and laughing out loud.
5. Eternal Eden by Nicole Williams- I've said before how much I love her books, Nicole Williams is a wonderful story teller who traps the reader in her books. A definite must read.
6. Looking for Alaska by John Green- True to his legendary-self, John Green Looking for Alaska manages to tie the reader into the story, involve them in the heartbreak and everything else, and
7. Delirium by Lauren Oliver- It's a book about love and what the world would be like without it. Full of emotion that leaves the reader thinking about the story days after finishing it. It's fantastic and definitely an emotional roller coaster of ups and downs.
8. Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls #3) by Maggie Stiefvater- This entire series should really be on here. Forever, the last book, especially. I love this series and feel very connected to the characters.
9. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins- Talk about nail biting. This series makes me furious and exciting all on one page. Suzanne Collins is nothing short of GENIUS.
10. Divergent by Veronica Roth- Everything that Tris experiences is intense. Love, love, love this amazing book!